When the time arises to help a loved one into an aged care facility, it can be confusing and emotionally challenging for all.
You know you want the best care, but the practical issues also need to be considered. Is the preferred aged care facility affordable in both the short and long term? Will the choices you make now impact on pension entitlements? Will the family home need to be sold to obtain capital to pay for aged care?
Its important to ensure you know all the facts and take some time to plan to make sure you make the right decisions in this challenging time.
At Vista Financial we have an Aged Care Specialist Financial Adviser who can meet with you to formulate a plan that considers all of your aged care funding options. The plan will incorporate:
- how to organise or structure the accommodation payment/accommodation contribution (whichever applicable) based on your goals and objectives
- the calculation of the Means Tested Care Fee
- minimising theses costs and charges where possible
- an analysis of cash flow to ensure there is sufficient income to meet all outgoings
- an analysis of Centrelink/DVA entitlements and maximising these where possible
- planning to make care affordable in both the short and long term.