When the time arises to help a loved one into an aged care facility, it can be confusing and emotionally challenging for all.
You know you want the best care, but the practical issues also need to be considered. Is the preferred aged care facility affordable in both the short and long term? Will the choices you make now impact on pension entitlements? Will the family home need to be sold to obtain capital to pay for aged care?
Its important to ensure you know all the facts and take some time to plan to make sure you make the right decisions in this challenging time.
At Vista Financial we have an Aged Care Specialist Financial Adviser who can meet with you to formulate a plan that considers all of your aged care funding options. The plan will incorporate:
- how to organise or structure the accommodation payment/accommodation contribution (whichever applicable) based on your goals and objectives
- the calculation of the Means Tested Care Fee
- minimising theses costs and charges where possible
- an analysis of cash flow to ensure there is sufficient income to meet all outgoings
- an analysis of Centrelink/DVA entitlements and maximising these where possible
- planning to make care affordable in both the short and long term.
A Vista Financial Group financial adviser can help build you a financial plan that suits your financial and life goals. Please contact us on 03 9598 8002 or email us to discuss.
Information in this web page is based on regulatory requirements and laws, which may be subject to change. While care has been taken in the preparation of this document, no liability is accepted by Affinia Financial Advisers Limited, its related entities, agents and employees for any loss arising from reliance on this document.
All of the material published on this website is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice.
This information is of a general nature only and have been provided without taking into account all of your objectives, financial situation or needs.
Because of this, we recommend you consider, with our without the assistance of a Financial Adviser, whether the information is appropriate in light of your particular needs and circumstances.